The Family School Liaison Program offers free emotional and behavioral support services to Division students and their families. Any student experiencing difficulties at home or at school is eligible for this program.
Family School Liaison Workers (FSLWs):
- Provide education and counselling to children, youth and parents to help them positively manage challenging issues and events.
- Offer support services to students, families and/or groups focusing on safety, mental well being and the healthy development of children.
- Enhance personal strengths and coping skills.
- Ensure that students and families seeking assistance are involved in the decisions that affect their lives.
- Involve appropriate community agencies by providing referrals.